The long wait is over. CBS has officially lifted the curtains on the cast list of the new season, 27th, for its long-running hit reality TV Show, Survivor. The new season will be dubbed as "Survivor: Blood vs Water" and will feature 10 returning players and 10 of their relatives/loved ones. The concept might seem obvious at first glance, judging by the tagline for this new season. But always have a knack for innovation, Jeff Probst and the show's producers apparently have more tricks under their sleeve.
First off, let us meet the casts for Season 27, Survivor: Blood vs Water:
1. Rupert Boneham (Survivor Pearl Islands, Survivor: All-Stars & Survivor: Heroes vs Villains) and wife Laura
2. Tina Wesson (Survivor: Australian Outback winner) and daughter Katie
3. Aras Baskauskas (Survivor: Exile Island winner) and brother Vytas
4. Kat Edorsson (Survivor: One World) and boyfriend Hayden Moss
5. Monica Culpepper (Survivor: One World) and husband Brad Culpepper
6. Colton Cumbie (Survivor: One World) and boyfriend Caleb Bankston
7. Gervase Peterson (Survivor: Borneo) and niece Marissa
8. Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Tocantins and Survivor: Heroes vs Villains) and girlfriend Rachel
9. Laura Morett (Survivor: Samoa) and daughter Ciera
10. Candice Woodcock-Cody (Survivor: Cook Islands and Survivor: Heroes vs Villains) and husband John
Jeff Probst also reveals that several twists, both old and new, will be incorporated into the show's 27th installment. One of them is the return of the Redemption Island twist. This means that castaways that are voted off do not automatically go home. Instead, they will be exiled into a separate island wherein they will await another castaway to join them and compete in a head-to-head duel.
But Redemption Island is not like before - the loved ones twist brings forth another layer of complication into the game. If the castaways would want to, they can opt to trade spots with their loved ones such that they go to Redemption Island instead. According to Jeff, this is their way of experimenting how far would these castaways go when it comes to separating strategy from personal relationships. Or would it matter?
No word yet on other notable twists used in past seasons such as the hidden immunity idol. Guess we'll find out during the premier.
CBS has also announced that the new season will have a 90-minute premier telecast on September 18, Wednesday.